As Salaamu ‘Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam
Things to be confirmed with travel agent before travelling for Hajj/’Umrah
Finding a right travel agent and speaking to them is the most important thing before you start your journey. There are few things that can help you in your discussion with the travel agent.
- Distance between Hotel and Haram in Makkah as well as Madinahh because you have to walk from the hotel to Haram. There are no shuttle services between them.
- Please confirm with the travel agent regarding the stay in Hotel, whether you will be sharing a room with others from your group (if you are travelling in a group) or a separate room for your family.
- If you are travelling with kids during blessed month of Ramadhaan please confirm whether the travel agent will provide breakfast and lunch for kids. Our travel agent did not have that facility sand hence we had to take the food which was given in the Sehri. During the month of Ramadhaan there won’t be any restaurants open after Sehri and before Iftaar, both in Makkah and Madinah.
- If you are doing ‘Umrah or Hajj first time, ask the travel agent if they will provide any class for you on how to perform ‘Umrah or Hajj.
- Ensure you reach the airport on the day of travel well ahead, so you meet your other group members and a sense of Brotherhood and Sisterhood would grow among yourself.
- Enquire your travel agent about the Sim card for mobile phones Because in Saudi you don’t get sim card without fingerprint, and you have long queue to get one. Hence, ask the travel agent whether they will provide any sim card.
These are few things, which I have mentioned according to my ‘Umrah experience.